Summer is well and truly on its way! Here at Landscape Plants (Cleobury) we are ready for some warm weather and sunshine! As bulbs tend to fade and herbaceous borders grow incredibly quick, it is now clear summer is approaching. Sowing and planting bedding can begin, depending on the weather of course! It's also time to get back into the lawn mowing regime.
Here are our Top 10 Tips for you this month:
1. Watch out for late frosts - protect vulnerable plants.
2. Earth up potatoes and plant any still remaining.
3. Water early and late to get the most of your water. Remember to recycle water when you can!
4. Regularly hoe off weeds.
5. Plant our summer bedding at the end of the month.
6. Open the greenhouse doors and vents on warm days.
7. Mow lawns weekly.
8. Check for nesting birds before clipping hedges.
9. Lift and divide overcrowded clumps of daffodils and other spring flowering bulbs.